Medical Weight Loss Treatment in Portland, Oregon
Epidemic of Overweight and Obesity
The good news is that the clinical trials testing new weight loss medications have proven that most people who are overweight or obese and who cannot lose weight despite diet and lifestyle changes are actually suffering from a chronic severe hormone deficiency of the peptide hormones GLP-1 and GIP.
In our experience, medical weight loss treatment with the generic versions of the most popular brand-name weight loss medications to replace these deficient peptide hormones has been an exciting and successful approach.
Medical Weight Loss Treatment & Cost
Step 1 – Initial Medical Weight Loss Evaluation & Consultation
Our successful approach to medical weight loss treatment begins with a thorough investigation of our patient’s individual root causes of difficulty preventing weight gain or losing weight. Only with this understanding can we create each patient’s customized medical weight loss treatment plan.
Step 2 – Active Medical Weight Loss Treatment
Our approach to medical weight loss treatment is guided by our long history of success working together to help patients lose weight and maintain weight loss. We often prescribe weight loss medications alongside other medications, supplements, or other medical services. We always incorporate diet and lifestyle recommendations. We create a customized medical weight loss treatment plan for each patient with the goal of fully addressing the root causes of their weight gain and difficulty losing weight to improve their chances of long-term successful weight loss.
Step 3 – Maintain Medical Weight Loss Treatment
Once our patient has reached their desired or healthy weight, their doctor will discuss with them whether they should simply discontinue the weight loss medications or be transferred to our Maintain Weight Loss Treatment Membership. What we have observed during the last few years is that our patients do best when they spend another 6 – 12 months gradually decreasing the dose of their weight loss medications while making sure that they are maintaining their weight loss before they completely discontinue the medication. This increases the likelihood that the patient will be able to maintain their lost weight after discontinuing the medication. Also keep in mind that patients who initiate TRT or HRT are more likely to be able to discontinue their weight loss medication without regaining their lost weight.
Step 4 – Discontinue Medical Weight Loss Treatment
Part of what makes our approach to medical weight loss treatment special is our goal throughout the initiation and treatment process of working to improve the chances that you will be able to successfully wean yourself off of medically supervised weight loss treatment. This is accomplished by the manner in which we prescribe the weight loss medications in conjunction with a multi-faceted approach to weight loss treatment that includes other medical and naturopathic treatments as well as diet and lifestyle methods in order to address your root causes of weight gain and difficulty losing weight. If you begin to regain your lost weight, you can always restart medically supervised weight loss treatment with our clinic again. As long as it’s been less than 12 months since you discontinued Maintain Weight Loss Treatment it is most likely that there is no need to repeat the initial medical weight loss evaluation and consultation process.
What Makes Our Approach to Medical Weight Loss Treatment Special?
- MEDICAL SERVICE. Most clinics that offer medical weight loss treatment are not following up with their patients sufficiently. Often they’re not ever seeing their patients in person. This means they’re not performing physical exams, vitals, body weight and composition analysis, or body measurements. This increases the chances that patients are losing fat too quickly, or they are losing muscle or bone or other important metabolically active body tissue rather than the fat tissue they’re trying to get rid. This increases the likelihood that patients will be unable to maintain their weight loss and that they will regain all or more of their lost weight later. Losing fat tissue too quickly also increases the likelihood of other serious adverse effects.
- MEDICATION DOSE. Most clinics that offer medical weight loss treatment will make it seem like the medications are included in their monthly dues, but when you read the fine print they cap the dose of the medication at a dose that is not sufficient for many patients.
- WE OFFER MORE. We offer our patients more than just a prescription for one of the two newest and most popular weight loss medications. Prescribing these medications alongside other medications and approaches significantly increases the likelihood of long-term successful weight loss and maintained weight loss.
- WE ARE A REAL & LOCAL CLINIC. Our clinic has been here for 10 years. You can drive here. We can draw your blood here. We have real doctors, medical assistants, and administrative assistants who you can actually see and meet and get to know!
- CUSTOMER SERVICE. This is something patients may not realize is important until they realize they’re not getting it. We provide outstanding customer service in addition to our medical service and for a great value. Our ability to provide outstanding customer service comes from our team working together for 10 years at our southwest Portland, Oregon clinic.
Schedule Initial Weight Loss Evaluation & Consultation – Call Now or Complete Online Form for a Call Back Later
The good news is that the clinical trials testing the newest most popular weight loss medications have proven that most people who are overweight or obese and who cannot lose weight despite diet and lifestyle changes are actually suffering from a chronic severe hormone deficiency of the peptide hormones GLP-1 and GIP.
It’s really important that you see a doctor with expertise and successful experience evaluating overweight and obese patients and managing their medical weight loss treatment. Our team of doctors has more than 10 years of experience successfully treating patients near Portland, Oregon helping them to successfully lose weight and to live and perform to their full potential quality of life, health, and longevity.Schedule Your Initial Medical Weight Loss Evaluation & Consultation. Call 503-406-8066 now or complete our online form for a call back later.
- We do not dispense or administer medications without a valid prescription pursuant to a legitimate doctor-patient relationship, which in our opinion requires an in-person office evaluation and consultation.
- The newest and most popular weight loss medications are indicated for weight loss for patients for whom diet and exercise by itself hasn’t worked to affect successful weight loss. For the best results, including successful and healthy weight loss, patients should devote themselves to a healthy regimen of diet and exercise while using the medications.
- There is no such thing as a guarantee when it comes to weight loss or any other medical treatment. Results vary based on many factors. Although the clinical trials showed that the newest and most popular weight loss medications are effective for most patients there is no guarantee that these medications will work for each and every patient in terms of speed of results or magnitude of overall results.
- The FDA-approved brand name versions of the newest and most popular weight loss medications are exclusively available from the Novo Nordisk™ company and Eli Lilly and Company™. Full Potential HRT Clinic does not claim any affiliation with or endorsement from either entity. CURRENTLY we do not prescribe the brand-name versions of their trademarked products due to a NATIONAL SHORTAGE.